SO...believe it or not I'm STILL here at my job! Guess my informant was a little "off". Oh well. I'm still in the process of looking because I REALLY don't like the "sitting duck" feeling!! So I have a few leads and Demetrius even got a job too! ;) He works at his sister's work, a market research call center. Lucky guy was hired on as a Shift Administrator, which means he runs a whole shift on his own and closes up when it's time to go home. So far, so good!
We had a "minor" glitch in the grand scheme of things. Our car totally died on us. We were on our way to see Grammy to pray for her (that's a whole other story I'll get to), and then all of a sudden the car started making a funny noise and started to overheat so we pulled over. Water was gushing from the bottom and we decided not to try and make it that last mile home. So it was towed home and my mechanic, Romi (We Come To You Auto ~ he's GREAT!) took a look at it yesterday. Turned out the timing belt snapped, which destroyed the water pump as well. Dont know if you know much about cars, but the timing belt is the MAIN engine belt. If that goes out, while you're driving, there's a very good chance you'll mess up the engine and your car will be shot. And by "very good chance", I mean like, 95% chance...
BUT.....God was watching over us. The belt AND pulley were destroyed but nothing touched the engine. Romi said we seriously "lucked out". I informed him it had nothing to do with luck and everything to do with God's grace!!!
Sadly enough, the darned thing cost us $550 to get fixed. BUT........a heck of a lot better than needing a new car!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!
GRAMMY
GRammy's had a heck of a time. She was in the hospital for a number of reasons, the main one just a result from no immune system due to the chemo treatment. BUT, she's getting better every day and yesterday she was transferred to a rehab for 10 days until she gets her strength back and can go home. Her hospitalization caused a **HUGE** blowup between my mom and aunt and uncles. The others thought my mom was overreacting, creating a stir, being a bitch, whatever. Basically it came down to....they couldn't agree on how to handle the way things were going. Or rather, my mom couldn't agree with how THEY were handling things. My uncle Neal's exact words, "Let's face it. She stands a better chance of dying in here than going home." What a helluva thing to say about your mom!! Look at her now.....she's getting better EVERY day and keeps surprising people. My aunt misread the hospital report and told everyone her cancer had spread, it was in her pancreas, etc., etc. Anyways, LONG STORY SHORT...........my mom and her brothers aren' t on the best of terms, but my mom and aunt Linda made up. Uncle Neal really disappointed me. When I went to visit Gramma, he and his family *completely* ignored me, as if I weren't even there. All because they were mad at my mom. Nice, huh. I can kinda understand how they all thought that, though. When I went to visit her, I had never seen her look so weak before. She was pale, fragile, in pain, almost incoherent. My eyes filled with tears and my heart broke in new places. My once strong and vital Grammy was then as weak as a baby. =(
But....good thoughts!! She's coming home soon....9 more days!
Well, that's about it for now....Say a prayer for Grammy.....and those that are in the path of Hurricane Ike. My very youngest brother, Ian (who's only 15), and his mom, Katie and stepdad, Drew, just moved to Houston, TX due to Drew's job. Last I heard it was pretty scary for them!
Hope everyone is doing well. Love all,
~~RACH~~
No comments:
Post a Comment