Unbelieveable.
JOB
So, looks as if I will be job hunting yet again. My company is laying off like crazy (BTW, we *always* know when it's someone's turn when we receive the dreaded Fed-Ex package for our VP coming from HR). I believe the Project Managers are next tomorrow and I heard thru the rumor mill that I'M NEXT....along with a slew of others. =( Talk about a drag!! But, Demetrius and I have worked it out, and he will most likely be working next week. I've gotten a few leads on several different jobs (one offer coming from one of our subcontractors even! LOL) I know God will take care of everything and every time something like this happens, He always gives me something better! =) Still.....I go to work every day with knots in my stomach, *waiting* for the dreaded news....
Babies
In other, more uplifting news.....my BFF is successfully trudging thru her 2nd pregnancy!! She's had a few hiccups along the way, but this baby seems to be made of steel!! She's about 12 weeks now and determined to "wait" until the baby's born to discover the gender.........much to EVERYONE ELSE'S dismay, LOL!! (Everyone's hoping for a *girl*!) Also......my brother Joel and his wife are expecting thier 2nd, and she is about 13 weeks. Kirsten is also doing well and they should be finding out Next Month what the gender is. Woo hoo!! I'm hoping for a girl too!! ;) ALSO expecting her 2nd is my other BF and I'm ALSO hoping for a *girl*.......Nat will find out Sept. 18th what the gender is and I can't wait!! (See, I never got to have a Baby Girl shower so I'm hoping I can fulfill this dream thru SOMEone at least, LOL!)
Being surrounded by all these pregnancies *almost* makes me yearn for another............but then I take a look in the mirror and see the affects of 3.......would I REALLY wanna take that gamble and push for a 4th??? Ummmmmm.......I don't think so..................HA ha HA ha HAaaaaa
DJ
Now, let's talk about my little guy, Donovan Jacob De La Rosa.......
THis is a fearless child, who has one helluva arm on him (he throws a ball like a flippin PRO), he loves to chase his siblings with his plastic bat, he thoroughly enjoys wrestling with his big brother and terrorizing his big sister by constantly pulling her hair and trying to scratch her eyes out!! DJ also somehow manages to turn off the TV at a crucial moment in a show or movie.....he knows exactly which button on the TV AND the remotes to turn it off. He knows no other button, in fact. Despite being such a little terror......DJ has the sweetness of a pound of sugar and his dimpled grin is enough to melt anyone's anger or frustration. Some days all he wants is Big Brother Nathan. Other days he wants only Mommy ;) He calls everything "Ball". That was his first word (besides Mama and Dadda). OH!! And get this.............whenever football, basketball, or baseball comes on, he points at the TV and shouts, "Ball! Ball!". When Dad watches football, he grabs his bottle and blanket and climbs on to Dad's lap and watches the game with him (well, for at least 15 minutes or so, then he gets bored and climbs down to play).
Donovan is one of the most brilliant children I've ever seen. Beautifully specatcular and undeniably lovable, epspecially when he puckers up for a kiss on the lips, or throws his arms around your neck for a tight squeeze. I look into those dark, liquid eyes of his, with those long, full lashes and I wonder how *I* could have had such an amazing part in helping to create such a beautiful creature.
I wonder how any woman could not totally fall in love with the miracle of creating life.......and is it any wonder that part of me yearns for more??? I think it's the most spectacular gift God could have ever bestowed upon mankind. ;)
Date Night
So I decided to take a short vacation to do nothing. I took Aug. 15th, 18th and 19th off, and including the weekend, I had a total of five days off. It was *perfect*. Absolutely perfect.
Fri 8-15 Donovan got his first hair cut.............which he screamed and cried the entire time through. =( But his hair finally stays out of his eyes so he can see..I even saved a few scraps of his hair. Aww! Demetrius and I spent the day at book stores, window shopping, napping, eating...it was prefect!
Sat. 8-16 all the kids went to his mom's house to spend the night. Demetrius and I did more shopping (mostly for house stuff), ate lunch, played an exciting, sweaty game of laser tag at Laser Quest (which you should ALL do once in your lifetime....it's SO much fun!!), went home to shower and get ready for our Date Night. We ended up at Santisi Brothers for dinner and drinks, then to see the movie Mirrors..........which, let me tell you, TERRIFIED me. It's been a *LONG* time since I was THAT scared at a movie. I slept with the lights on for a week! After the movie, we went and bought drink mix for Cosmos. It was around midnight when we got the call from Yesenia (his sis), that Donovan had woken up and would not stop crying. After half an hour, we relented and drove out to Surprise to pick him up and bring him home.....where he *IMMEDIATELY* fell asleep!! ~LOL~ So, date night was cut a little short...also by my younger brother, Jared, who called up last minute and needed a place to crash for the night.
Oh well!! We had a great time anyways and it was a *much* needed time spent alone with each other. Sometimes it's easy to forget that Date Night is as important as play time with the kids!
The rest of my vacation was spent lounging around, more window shopping, napping, house cleaning, taking the kids to the bus stop in the morning....All the things a stay at home parent gets to do!! ~LOL~
Well, I think I have babbled on enough. Hope everyone is doing well in life and don't forget to tell your loved ones how much you appreciate them!! ;)
Love all,
~Rach~
No comments:
Post a Comment