Saturday, February 13, 2010

32 Weeks and Counting.....

So here we are at 32 weeks and still counting.
Seems as if the time has flown by, even with all the sickness, depression, fatigue, etc etc etc. I can't even fathom that soon we'll have another little boy in our midst, adding to the chaos and sometimes confusion that we call "Every Day Life". ;) Monday (15th) I'll have another ultrasound (we'll be able to measure what he weighs so far!!), a non-stress test, and then a doc appt. I think I 'll even have my 1st pelvic exam in a while and definitely hoping there's nothing happening just yet! Well, on the other hand, I feel so heavy that I wouldn't mind bringing him home a little early...LOL! Baby shower will be next month, hosted by my ever so gracious sis in law, who is STILL HOPING Dominic's boy part mysteriously disappears so she can have another niece, heheh! I'll just be glad once I have my body back and can sleep on my belly again. Still worried about the labor issue, since my request for a C-section was turned down due to increased risks of blood clots. But I figure I need to stop being such a wuss and just remember how fast time flies and before you know it, it'll be over with. You'd think 4th time around would make it easier but noooo....I think it makes it a little worse since I know what to expect and what may come up! Oh...and did I mention I supposedly gained 22 pounds in 2 weeks?? All belly, nothing else really. But I skyrocketed from 154 to 176. I figure that scale MUST be wrong. Surely if I really gained that much I'd be able to see exactly where I gained it...right??? Uuuugh!
Took DJ to the doc about his vocab issues. He's such a smart little guy, but still uses gestures and grunts to communicate. He has a vocab of about 20-25 words (by age 3 it should be at least 100) and seeing as how he's so close to 3, we've been really worried. Come to find out, he has fluid behind his left ear which makes it difficult for him to hear from that side. So I found a new ENT for him (his old one couldn't see him til Mar 31st!), that he will see this Wed. Most likely, he'll need tubes and speech therapy. Oh, and not to mention his tonsils still need to come out after he turns 3!!
Other than that, kids are great...happy and healthy, despite issues at school. We've had a rough go of it with Nate, who recently served a 3 day in school suspension for a number of things. His teacher, who claims Nathan "isn't trying anymore", coincidentally "isn't trying" herself! Her wild comments are still a problem and NOW I am going to have to resort to telling the Principal. Well, if I can track the principal down first. That's always been an issue too. Let's see...a couple weeks ago Nate's teacher discovered he has a girlfriend (Alicia...who's really a sweet girl). Since then, she makes snide comments to him like, "go flirt somewhere else", and even went as far as telling Alicia, "Do you want to end up like that other pregnant 6th grader?" Oh....and how about last week when the class got a new student from Iraq and some of the boys were using foul language around him. The Teacher snapped to the class, "You know, that just makes you all look like a bunch of stupid Americans!"
Now that was my Last Straw. I will be hunting down the Principal if it's the last thing I do and if she won't listen then off to the District I go. I just can't believe that this broad has the nerve to talk like this in front of her class! I get the fact that she has 8 of the most troubled 6th grade boys around....like the kid, Albino, who happens to live in our complex, who's 13, still in 6th grade, talks openly about his pot smoking habits, and even went as far as making a BONG for his class project one day...yet did he get expelled or suspended?? NOPE! (Gotta love our school system. ) But still...come on lady....act like an adult already!!!
In more crazy news, that kid Albino and 2 other 7th graders egged on a 7th grade deaf kid to fight Nathan so they could record it and "put it on You Tube". Nathan, who was outside playing with 2 friends, was tackled to the ground and punched a couple of times. He was reluctant to hit the deaf kid at first but after a couple hits, he fought back. Damn, can't even let your kids play outside anymore!!
It's a hard, brutal world out there and our kids aren't safe anymore! Seems like it doesn't really matter how much you try and shield them....sooner or later, trouble comes calling one way or another!!
Lookin' forward to going out for the hubby's birthday (the 18th). Gonna try a comedy club and dinner for a change instead of the usual movie! LOL
Other sad news....my Aunt Polly packed up the cabin, (they only had a 50 year lease on it) and returned to Phx. So the cabin...our family cabin, is gone. Along with it, decades of adventures and homemade forts, laughs, hugs and kisses, tears and loss, pancakes and hot cocoa, family reunions and baby showers....countless memories that made up our childhoods and created lifelong bonds with family. If it's this hard for me, I can only imagine how difficult it was for her to leave.
Still missing my Grammy. I've started making a Dominic's baby blanket in her memory and almost done! Just need to finish the satin trim. Next project...three mini quilts for myself and 2 cousins made from her old clothes. Can't believe how much I LOVE this sewing passion of mine! ;)
Will update after my appt on Monday or DJ's appt on Wed.
Everyone, take care & love u guys!!

No comments: