So we had a great holiday. Christmas Eve we made our annual trip to the house on Greenway. It's always decorated with a million lights by the same guy who's done it for about 50 years, I think. There's the tour of the house and it's always memorable. This year, sadly, he posted a sign stating next year was to be his last year due to health reasons. I think it's the end of an era! :(
Christmas itself was perfect...well, minus the hubby's impending bronchitis. He did all the cooking and we had the fam over. The kids loved their presents, although DJ wasn't really too interested in opening anything. I think he was still a bit grouchy from having just woken up! LOL The day seemed to fly by and before you knew it, it was the day after. Speaking of...!!! The family and I set up a family get together with all our cousins, since it was our first Christmas without Grammy. I made her famous jelly, jarred it, and had one ready for each cousin. :) We met at a nearby park and I was SO happy and excited that almost everyone showed up! We were missing Jeremy & Josh and thier families but everyone else was there. It truly was wonderful to get all the great grandkids together!! Think it's been a few yrs since they were all together like that (13 great grandsons and only 3 great granddaughters!). There were a ton of goodies, laughs and memories made. I'm hoping that will be our yearly tradition...the day after C-Mas we all get together! Especially since Aunt Polly won't have the cabin soon and our yearly family reunions are up in the air. It was a great time though!
New Year's was mellow! Home at the mom-in-law's with all the kids and we played BUZZ Hollywood on the PS2, which was fun! We spent the night and had a blast. I even made myself some fabulous "mocktinis" to toast at midnight! Before we knew it, another year had passed and ushed in a new one.
Jan.2nd happened to be my BFF, Shayna's 30th B-day! We celebrated with a ton of her friends at Ah-So's. That in itself was a blast! Our chef was hysterical and we did a lot of laughing and talking. Afterwards, we went to her bro's new house with lots of drinks (I, of course, only had juice! ;) where we continued our night of fun. Even the hubby had a great time and we hated to leave...but, alas, at 1 AM my mom was tired and all the kids were still up with her, LOL. The next day was her son Seth's 6th b-day and we had a good time there as well. Those few days were just what I needed to rejuvenate me and keep my spirits up. ;)
Back to the Doc yesterday and I'm now up to an appt every 2 weeks. Next visit will also be an ultrasound to make sure Dominic is growing like he should. I've gotten used to the shots and now they hardly bother me...as long the hubby keeps being the one to give them to me!! LOL Still no job in sight...which has been pretty depressing but trying to keep my sights on God and the fact that He has the perfect job in store for me....I just have to be patient enough, LOL ;)
Hope everyone is doing well and keeping thier spirits up too!
No comments:
Post a Comment