Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gotta Love Those Ups & Downs......

Been a while since I've last posted. I've recently discovered Facebook and have fallen in love in a way that Myspace was never able to capture my heart! LOL Well, for starters, I was laid off on Oct. 16th. Had a heads up that it was coming so I wasn't shocked when at the end of the day I saw my old boss, Karl, and the VP, TJ come walking in to the office with grim faces. My stomach didn't even flip-flop in dread. I just knew what was coming.
And I accepted it.
They sat down with me and explained that "due to the economy, blah blah blah blah blah we're letting you go."
Well, I had a good 3 1/2 year run so I can't complain. Plus I received a 2 week severance pay along with my unpaid sick days. So that should tide us over for another week or two. LOL You'd think I would be more upset but strangely enough...I'm not!!
Anyways, so the job hunt is BACK ON!
I'm actually working with my old co-worker's husband, a realtor, doing online marketing for him part time. It isn't much, but it's definitely something, with a chance for bonuses every time he leases or sells a property.
Still having some issues with Nate's damn teacher. Last Thurs she told the class the boys were so horrible they made her want to shoot herself. Then she moved all the boys to the back of the room and the girls to the front, stating she "liked her girls". Of course I called the Principal and of course I haven't heard back! So looks like I might have to go above her to the District. I swear, this lady has Some Nerve! Tomorrow is Nate's Parent Teacher conference which I am looking forward to with a sort of grim anticipation. I have a feeling we'll be switching Nate's teachers...disappointing because he completely loves her cirriculum and enjoys how difficult the work is. Sounds weird for a 6th grader, right? Well this kid has spent the past couple years being bored in class. Arg! Well, now he's not bored....and in exchange, his teacher is a bit of a fruit loop!
Friday I'll be 16 weeks!! Still feelin a bit sick sometimes but not as bad as even 2 weeks ago! Next appt is Nov. 6th (Friday) and then I'll be able to make my ultrasound appt. for the following week. I was so convinced it was a boy but now I know better...its definitely a girl!! I suddenly have the acne of a 15 year old boy hitting the prime of puberty! ARRRRG!!! And I swear I've felt Braxton Hicks already (same thing happened at this stage when I was pg with DJ) and I've felt tiny butterfly movements already! 4th time around....there's no mistaking it! LOL
Anyways, that's about it for now! Even being jobless, I feel serene and lucky to have the family that I do! The kids are great and my hubby (who recently enjoyed a trip to Disneyland with his mom, sis, niece & oldest son) is awesome. I couldn't ask for a better husband. He is always so sweet....even when he's being a grumpy turd. ;)

1 comment:

Kristen Smith said...

I didn't know you were laid off. I'm sorry :( I hope you find something soon!