Hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was pretty lazy and relaxing! Friday I had off of work so I *finally* went and had my hair cut! My mom and I started off with our free passes to Planet Beach spa (NOT the greatest, lemme tell you!). There aren't that many services but the one I did was the Hydro Derma Fusion. Awesome...your whole body is in what looks like a tanning bed (although your head sticks out), the temp gets up to 120 degrees (feels like standing outside in the middle of a Phoenix summer) and your body is steamed. When you emerge, your skin feels silky smooth. My mom had a luminous facial and it really made her face glow and took away a couple wrinkles. After the spa we went to get my hair done by her hairstylist of 20 yrs, Medina. Mind you, my hair was down to my tooshie. She cut about 7 inches off and layered it with subtle layers. It looks so much healthier! On the down side....I think Demetrius almost had a heart attack when he saw how short it is. LOL Mom and I had a great day together...after hair we went and had lunch. It was a nice day!
Saturday we had both Damian and Nathan's neighbor friend, Kevin over to spend the night. The boys had a fun time playing video games and wrestling, eating junk food, etc. ;) Kevin and his mom are moving back to New York in July. We'll definitely miss them!!!
Yesterday we took the kids to see Night at the Museum 2. Soooooooooo funny!! We loved the movie. Afterwards, we strolled around mall and ate dinner there (each of us ordered from a different place...nice!)
Nathan turns 11 in two days!! I can hardly believe it!!! The kids' last day of school is tomorrow. Makes me wanna cry!! Nathan will be in the 6th grade and Nessa in 3rd....and Damian and Britt will both be in 7th grade!! AhhH!! *Sniff sniff*
Yikes...guess what *I* found out. If a creditor cancels a debt you owe, then the state IRS considers that INCOME!! I just received a notice in the mail from the AZ IRS stating that I owe them money ($615 with interest) for a debt cancellation from a credit card I had back in 1999!! Long story short, it went to collections and I had no idea they cancelled the debt. They reported it to the IRS and BAM....there's another story of the government trying to squeeze more money out of the "working poor"...LOL Really though, how outrageous is THAT!?!? That's considered income for me?! YEAH RIGHT. So...just wanted to pass that info on. I've asked around and have yet to find someone who actually heard of that law. Insane!!
Here's a pic of DJ I wanted to share. He fell asleep eating lunch at his table. How cute!! Heheh I'll try and post a pic of my new hair cut on my blog so check it out and lemme know what you think!! For now...be safe and love everyone! :)

1 comment:
Rach,
Yes, that is a tax law. However, the company should have given you a 1099-C (for cancellation of debt) that you would use for your tax return. If they never gave you one, you might be able to argue out of the penalty and interest...but you'll definitely still have to pay the tax.
Post a Comment