I can't believe it. Two years ago today, he was born by now, LOL!
He is so big now, so full of energy and attitude, (Right, Yese?? hehehe) And to top off a great 2nd birthday, my poor little guy is SICK! Took him to the doc Wed. and turns out he has an ear infection. He's on antibiotics and doing better but WEd was a horrible day for him! His fever spiked to 102.8 and he was blazingly hot, yet shivering like it was the dead of winter. =( He was so miserable Demetrius and I couldn't even put him down...if we tried, he screamed and cried. SO....the house was a disaster, the kids ended up eating cereal for dinner, and I held DJ all night while Dad was at work (lucky...lol). We were getting pretty worried about the fever tho, because even though we gave him Motrin and Tylenol (seperately), his fever remained high and refused to break. FINALLY, around 11 PM, we bought some real Motrin and the fever broke a few hrs later. Yay! Yesterday he was definitely more active and almost seemed like his usual self....until I took him out to the store to get some dinner. I have a few places to go and thought he might like to get out of the house. Big Mistake!! He cried and whined and screamed almost the whole time. I finally relented and we went home, where he was "fine" again! AHH! LoL He had a restless night though and we're not sure why. Most likely he woke up from a bad dream but once he started screaming he wouldn't stop. I stood up and held/rocked him. He konked out and I tried to lay him down again. Again he woke up screaming. (THis was round 3 AM). For about 2 hrs Demetrius and I rotated between calming him down from his screaming/crying episodes and after taking a guess and giving him some gas medicine, he konked out for good (around 5.) Needless to say, I woke up feeling pretty exhausted.
But as I drifted off to sleep again this morning, I mumbled to Demetrius, "NO MORE BABIES." I toyed with the playful idea of a 4th...(wouldn't it be cute for Nessa to have a sister??) BUT...I humbly decided it's time to make it Final. I think I'm going to really get my tubes tied this yr!!!
I like my sleep!!!
~LOL~
So...Happy Birthday, Mr. Donovan Jacob....and no more siblings for you!!!
1 comment:
sounds like a couple nights I've had lately. Logan's full on teething right now. Last Thursday he was up for 3 hours (from 11 to 2AM) and would scream when I laid him down. The couple nights he hasn't had Motrin that's how it's been - Tylenol just doesn't cut it for the poor guy.
Post a Comment