Saving PAC
Well, Feb. 3rd they made the final decision to save 36 out of 81 school year PAC sites and 16 out of 32 summer PAC sites. We won't find out until April, however, which sites were saved. Each District Council Members are accepting letters/emails/phone calls from the public on behalf of what location they are fighting to keep. Still.....even if our location isn't saved, at least there are still 36 schools out there that get to keep it! So if any of you have time, send an email/letter or call any of the district members. Our school is in Disctrict 3 and our Councilwoman is Maria Baier. Her email address is council.district.3@phoenix.gov . Her phone # is 602-262-7441 and physical address is City of Phoenix COuncilwoman Maria Baier's Office, 200 W. Washington Street 11th Floor, Phoenix, AZ 85003. So send a letter, email or call to lobby for Moon Mountain Elementary and Campo Bello Elementary (the kid's school from last year). We could use all the help we can get!!! ;)
Kiddie Updates
My good friend, Natalie, finally had her baby about 2 1/2 weeks ago! YAY!!!! Nicole Martinez gave her Mommy a fairly "uneventful" labor and everything went well! I have not been able to see her =( since my kids and I have all been sick with SOMEthing for the past few weeks (me, DJ, and Nessa aquired weird, mysterious rashes/hives/?? that was possibly diagnosed as Fifth's Disease and then it wasn't and then it turned out to be Strep and then still the rashes but no concrete diagnoses, and then Nathan with a non vomiting flu type illness that we thought was Strep but wasn't....ARG! Talk about frustrating! LOL). So anyways, now that we're finally all healthy, I'm hoping to see her soon! ;)
My best friend, Shayna, is dilated to a 4....and this is going on Day 5 or 6. Her doc said she'll only ler go maybe another week before inducing...which is still about 3 weeks early! Her original due date is March 9th but it doesn't look like Max will make it that long! LOL
Still haven't heard back from anyone at the hospital so it looks like Kirsten and Joel are still under the knife. I'm going after work to see my new newphew!! ;)
So Nathan made the Principal's List....but he also is having troubles with attitudes! It's pretty frustrating, since he gets in to trouble for the SAME stuff. His mouth! He's a total smart ass and if he feels he's being falsely accused, he'll argue with the teacher...over and over and over. ARG! No matter what punishments we give him, he keeps up with his mouth! I know he doesn't mean anything by the dumb smart alec "jokes" he makes; he honestly thinks he's being "funny". But it's getting him in to trouble and I seriously am at my wit's end on how to handle it. So I guess he just has to learn the hard way and have everything taken away from him! He's already lost his cell phone for GOOD and now we're getting creative with making him watch the Kids Discovery Channel (which is a Godsend, let me tell you!) and writing a report on what he watched afterwards. He'll do a couple of those a night. It's frustrating!!! So if any of you have any ideas on How To Curb a Smart Alec's Mouth.....I'm all ears!! ~LOL~ I guess I should thank my lucky stars though, right? It could be worse! At least he has straight A's!!
We went to Nessa's PT conference and it went really well. She's exceeding in her reading and improving in her math and overall getting great grades! She's still a bit of a slowpoke and in the mornings it's a little frustrating. But my little sweetheart is just a pile of sweetness and I can never stay angry for long at her ;) We picked out Hannah Montana valentines for her class and she is SO excited, LOL.
Donovan is...well, he's Donovan. A tumbleweed of energy, a spitfire of confidence and determination, mounds of endless excitement and fighting. That's right, I said fighting. DJ and I have quite a few Battle of the Wills. He's so utterly vehement on having things his OWN way, and Heaven forbid should you irritate him or stand in his way! He's still not talking much but boy, can he yell!! He's learned to say No and shake his head no when he doesn't want something (I don't think I'll ever have to worry about peer pressure with this one), and he FINALLY says Thank You! OH! And he says I Love You! I mean, it's not the EXACT words, it sounds more like mumbling, but we know what he's saying! lol ;) If he's in the mood to say it, that is, he'll tell you "I love you too" after you say it first. Nice! ;) He also has a sweet side to him, of course! He will always go hug Nathan and Nessa if they're crying or just got into trouble. Last night NAthan was in trouble and had teared up. DJ followed him into his room and after Nathan sat on the floor to do his homework, DJ wrapped his arms around his big brother's neck and hugged him for a while. TOO CUTE!! Other than that...he's right on track with most everything. I'm hoping to turn his crib into the toddler bed this weekend and get him sleeping in his own bed. We'll see!
Demetrius and I are planning our 1 Year Anniversary trip next month. Talk about exciting! LOL We're planning on going to Knottsberry Farm, staying at the resort there for a night (we're getting their "Romance Package", lol), then driving to Oceanside and staying there for the following two days. We've both been itching to see the ocean again. So we'll have four days all to ourselves....siiiiiiiiigh......with no kids, I don't know WHAT we'll do with ourselves! Heheh
Well, that's about it for now. Hopefully I'll get some pics posted soon of the kids. I've got some funny ones! ;)
Take care and I'll return with Baby Updates!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment