Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Noah Gabriel De Luna - Update

I went to see my newest nephew last night at Thunderbird Hospital. He is SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!! He certainly doesn't look like an 8 pounder and still looks pretty small. Poor Kirsten was still pretty doped up when I got there and she looked utterly exhausted. She had massagers wrapped around her legs to prevent blood clots from forming, everything on her was uncomfortably swollen and her skin was so pale she almost looked downright translucent! She was also incredibly itchy from the pain meds as well as sick to her stomach. She still hadn't eaten anything when I got there and wasn't even about to try! Having just finished feeding Noah as I walked in, she looked extremely happy in a sleepy, exhausted, burnt out kind of way! LOL My eyes teared up as I hugged my little brother and congratulated them. Then.....it was TIME. Kirsten handed over little Noah to me and I looked down at him in wonder and amazement. No labor pain in the world can compete with the absolute miracle that emerges from our bodies. I held him a little awkwardly at first (you become so accustomed to carrying giants you almost forget what a newborn feels like!), but he fit perfectly in my arms. He has his big brother's mysterious "receding" hairline (which we think they both get from their Grampa) but otherwise lots of dark brown hair. His features are perfect and I really think he looks a lot like Little Joey, his older brother (who turns 3 next month!). Noah was clumsily and noisily searching for food however. His tiny hands were covered with little mitts but his perfect little mouth hungrily tried to eat them. He was so cute with his "Feed me!" noises. Then, sadly, he began to cry a tiny, hungry cry. As much as I didn't want to let him go, I couldn't bear for him to cry so I reluctantly handed him back to Mommy so she could feed him. But...!! She laid him on her chest and he instantly was calm. How come *I* didn't think of that?? ;) Joel was kind enough to show me pictures of the C-section taken by a nurse. Talk about AMAZING! I had never seen anything so real before and it was amazing to see how they opened up her belly, rearranged her insides and took little Noah out! Totally surreal! Joel told me Little Joey was completely excited about his baby brother. Mommy made him a special backpack of his own filled with presents and snacks so he could take it to the hospital too. What a neat idea to include the oldest child and reassure him he's as wanted as the new baby! When he first saw Noah, he pointed at him and looked at his Daddy and said, "Mine?" Heheh...Talk about cute! I stayed about 15 minutes, until the nurse came in to check on Kirsten and drag her out of bed ;) I took that as my cue and reluctantly left. But there's my baby story! My little nephew is so adorable and did I mention they finally picked out a middle name?? Full name...Noah Gabriel De Luna. I think it sounds beautifully Biblical.
OH....and correction on my last post....I said my great friend Nat had her baby girl "Nicole"... DUH, talk about being a TOTAL space cadet. Her name isn't Nicole (although that's what her Daddy, Nick, wanted to name her!)...her full name is Brooke Noelle Martinez, which, I think, sounds much better than Nicole ;) I'm hoping to see little Brooke this weekend. With all the testosterone I'm surrounded by, I NEED a baby girl fix! LOL

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOX

No comments: