I'm doing everything I can to help keep the PAC program. Our state is in such a slump that the city is doing some major budget cutting. This program has seriously saved my hide....daycare and other after school care is SO expensive...especially getting cut down to part time at my job, I REALLY can't afford $100-150 week for the kids! And if that's what it comes down to, then there's really no point for Demetrius to be working. (Siiiiiiiiigh). So, I'm doing all I can to inform people and hopefully get other people to attend these council meetings and put in their oppostitions to eliminating PAC. We only have til Feb. 3rd before they make their final decision. SO....if you haven't signed the petition I've sent out yet, please sign it! And if I haven't emailed it to you, just email me your name, city and zip and I can add it to the list.
AND PASS IT ON!! =)
Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!!
PS....Let's not forget the hundreds of people that will be out of a job if PAC is eliminated. Phoenix is talking about a $2 million dollar budget cut with PAC's elimination alone....the majority of that comes from people's hard earned paychecks!!!!
PLEASE HELP SAVE THE PAC PROGRAM!!!!
Q: WHAT IS PAC?
A: Phoenix Afterschool Center - A VERY low cost after school program offered by the City of Phoenix at most schools
Q: WHY DOES PAC NEED ‘SAVING’?
A: Due to the troubled economy, the City is forced to make some budget reductions…which includes the possible elimination of our PAC programs!
Q: WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT PAC?
A: A school year’s cost is only $30 per child and a summer’s cost is only $90 per child.
That’s a HUGE savings compared to other care, which most parents simply cannot afford…especially in our current economic condition!
Q: WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?
A: There are FOUR actions YOU can take to make YOUR voice heard!
1) SIGN our petition!!!!
2) CALL 602-262-4800 to leave your comments/concerns about losing PAC!!!!
3) EMAIL http://us.mc554.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=budget.research@phoenix.gov and voice your opposition to PAC’s elimination!!!
4) ATTEND any of the city council’s hearing to voice your opposition in person!!!! (Aks me for dates & locations!)
No comments:
Post a Comment